Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

heq5 polar alignment

After playing with my new mount in the house I now feel ready to take it into the garden but I am stumped when it come to polar alignment only ever using a dobsonion up until now I thought it was just a case of lining up polaris with the cross hairs in the polar scope but apparently not I've tried looking for the co ordinates of polaris in transit but I am having no joy the truth is I don't fully understand what I am reading I had better mention that I only observe visualy at the moment so do I have to be that criticle when aligning the polar scope can sombody help before I'm outside with the dob and the new mount is still in the box.:icon_eek:

For visual work you only need a rough polar alignment, unless you are trying to use setting circles. Lining up the polar scope's cross hairs on Polaris is then all you need to do.

What problems are you having? Are yoiu able to find polaris?

Richard

Archived