Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Losmandy plate

first post here goes.

My recently aquired ci-700 has a losmandy type saddle plate, i want to attach my 200mm f4 newt to it but the newt has a vixen style plate.

i might also want to fit my OMC to it, also currently fitted with the vixen type plate.

Is there a fits all plate available?

it appears that there are lots of options- diferent plates etc.

which would suit best, any ides anyone?

Ray

Hi Ray,

I'm assuming this was Tom's mount. Yes ? If so I believe it uses Losmandy " D " plates.

Check this link Universal Saddle Plate - Losmandy, Skywatcher or Vixen GP :: Mounting hardware :: Altair Astro All bases covered with this type of head.

If not then maybe find a Vixen style head but make sure the bolt holes line up.

Dave

Hi Dave; i took the time to scroll through your pic's, glad i did, i had wondered what i would be able to do with my OMC 140.

i will want to mount both scopes on the Ci700, probably at the same time, then i think i'm in for a good time with my new mount.

I had also seen the AMD adapter, again it seems there are a lot of options out there.

The Geoptik universal saddle certainly appeals and i'll make my mind up in due course, as i get to know exactly what i need.

wish i had lots of money!!!

Ray

Archived