Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Feeble effort

markystars

Well here is my first ever pics taken through a telescope. Took them using my 12" newt with WA32mm eyepiece. No ccd or dslr, just my cheapy fujifilm finepix digi camera help up to the eyepiece.

Not great i know, but thought id share anyway

post-17648-133877411819_thumb.jpg

post-17648-133877411824_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your comments, its good to have some feedback good or bad, but this is all good so im well happy now.

Ron,

Im not sure what a Z1 is, below is a link to the camera i have. If you know of any attachments i can use to mount it to the focuser then i would love to hear about them, or if anyone else does that would be great. Ive just realised that it DOES have a ccd sensor so maybe it can be used for astro photography, i really dont know.

Best Priced Brands - Direct Distibutor of Apples, Nintendos, Microsofts and Sonys #1 Products! - Fujifilm FinePix A920 Digital Camera - Silver (9MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7" LCD

Thanks

Mark.

Mark,

The maximum exposure on the camera is only 4 seconds, so even if a focuser attachment was available, Deep Sky work is not an option.

I'm afraid you are limited to Lunar shots, and perhaps the brighter planets, with Afocal setup. No commercial attachment is produced suited to that camera, but If Your DIY skills are up to it, you could make a cradle to hold, and offer the camera up to an eyepiece in the focuser. Also, If the software permits remote shutter operation, so much the better. Pressing the shutter button by hand can introduce a vibration to the telescope, and risks spoiling the shots.

All I have said depends on how far you wish to go with it.

The results you get may justify doing it, then again, maybe they wont. It's nice to just buy the things you need to progress in this Astrophotography, but I know very well it is not that easy.

Money certainly doesn't grow on trees, and we have to make do with what we have.

Good luck anyway.

Ron.:headbang:

thanks for the advice Ron, i suppose if i have to modify or make modifications to this camera then i would end up having to buy another camera for general use anyway so that being said, i would probably be wise to just get the real thing at some point, as you say, its not always that simple. I think i will wait until a good deal comes along and ****** it up, in the mean time i may just practise holding this up to the eyepiece and see what i can do with it.

Thanks again

Mark.

Archived