Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Testing out QHY5

cubes

Got my QHY5 this morning. Dying to try it out but my scope is kept around my mother's house (much less light pollution there) and she's away for the weekend!

So, I dragged out my galileoscope and tried the moon.

Turned out not too bad. Also my first attempt at playing with registax for the video too.

Ultimately this is going to be used as a guidecam and I'm sure I'll have a frustating time getting it working but I bet it'll be worth it!

mdk00008.jpg

Something did just occur to me, did you apply wavelets in registax after stacking ? It might not be the focus. I found with my qhy5v that finding a guide star wasn't too tricky but the focus on even the st80 was really critical to getting fainter stars to show. Even very small adjustments of focus caused the faint stars to vanish.

I wasn't planning on using the galileoscope for guiding (although the thought crossed my mind), it was the only thing I had to hand to test out the camera.

I did point it at the moon in phd as well (I used QGVideo to get the picture above) but couldn't even see the moon. Since I was getting rather cold and hadn't wrapped up I left it at that for today. It's probably just a setting somewhere, I'll take a longer look at the instructions :headbang:

Archived