Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What to look at

johnb

In the event that its not xxxxxy tonight (dont want to tempt fate) it will be my very first session with my new kit

Skywatcher Explorer 250PX OTA

Skywatcher EQ6 PRO Synscan

At weekends i have access to a site with a virtual 360 unrestricted field of view, however on weekdays its the garden I have a narrow field: 280 to 350 Deg so any thoughts on what i may see in that view would be appreciated (oh just south of London)

Regards

John B

I would suggest the moon and jupiter early in the evening.

Since there is a lot of moon light some open clusters such as M52, NGC7789, NGC457, M36, M37 and M38.

Also early on M76, globular cluster. Andromeda may be OK since its a big galaxy but the views wont be very good cause the moon is out. Try Alberio, a nice double star with a blue and orange stars. The orion nebula (M42 and M43) may be nice, but the moon will be close ruining it a bit.

If you feel like staying up late: Mars at around midnight and Saturn at 4am or so.

Archived