Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skymax 127 goto

Well hello I have just bought my first scope a sky max 127 AZ goto mount.

Setting up was not too hard with no instructions’ .the two star alignments was and still is rather difficult for myself as I am completely new to astronomy and telescopes. well after two weeks with only two nights viewing I can now say I can work the scope with nice shots of Jupiter but still very small I found the clearest view on the 25 mm wide view .

Can anyone tell me if i should upgrade to a 32mm for a far better viewing

Thanks

New starter

Welcome to SGL fellow skymax 127 Goto user! ;-) I bought a 32mm super plossl which gave me a much bigger field of view that makes finding deep sky objects much easier as the goto is not always totally accurate. The 32mm started me taking afocal images with my compact camera greatly widening the whole astronomy experience.

what part of the world are you from?

For better views of the planets you want an eyepiece with a shorter focal length (25mm, 32mm etc is the focal length). A 10mm will give you a magnfication of 150x which is a useful higher magnfication in your scope.

Plossl eyepieces are good value (Plossl is a design rather than a brand):

Skywatcher - Skywatcher SP Plossl eyepieces

John

Archived