Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neximage vs SPC900NC

Glider

Just for my interest please compare the following. First 2 taken with commercial planetary camera out of the box. Third image taken with modified webcam. I think modified webcam wins it, interesting as cost differential is £100. I think my glaring inexperience levels the playing field! Might be interesting to other new boys worried about spending lots to get results and therefore being put off giving it a go. Please take this in the spirit it is intended to encourage.

ps/ it's Jupiter!:headbang:

Jupiter_201109_8.bmp

Jupiter_201109_7.bmp

Jupiter_20091120_1834_59.bmp

I really can't see much difference between them. :D It is very hard to judge the quality of the camera in this simple comparison, because of subtle differences in focus and even seeing between one avi and the next. They also appear to have differing scales, with the Nextimage slightly smaller scaled ?

In spite of my criticisms re a fair comparison, I agree with your conclusion Glider. The Nextimage appears to have no obvious advantages. For 100 Pounds less (sorry us Aussies only have the $ symbol :D) I would definitely be grabbing the SPC900NC.

Another benefit which may exist with the SPC900NC, is faster frame transfer through USB2, although I don't know for sure which version of USB the Nextimage uses??

Interesting stuff :) Thanks :headbang:

Archived