Big bit of sky for Lulu.

ollypenrice

Cheers all. Rob, how many frames? Too many!! There's about twenty hours of data all together but some only duplicates itself. (I did M42 at 450mm in 4.5 hours then did a wider version at 328 for this image - so in that case most of the widefield is replaced by the longer focal length image. The base just used 2 panels at 328. The abortive attempt to get Alnilam required a third. Then I added the higher res images over the top. I do have some more Horse in the test Atik 4000 OSC but have not had time to process it yet.

I did get as far as the second belt star, Alnilam, and that looked nice as a composition but the sky quality was not that good so I will go back to it.

Olly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beautiful shot Olly ! I envy you for having 20 hours of clear skies for imaging. Are you living in the Provence or in other sunny ( and starry ) place ?

I could have that much imaging time maybe in a half year in Belgium...

Archived