NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leonids Pre-Evening Checklist...

skye at night

Don't be too upset, I've been trying for a full year and haven't managed a single sighting. Tonight (Tuesday) all my gear was prepared before I went to work, I got some sleep immediately after arriving home from work and have booked the following morning off work. As usual, the sky is cloudy and not a hope. This has happened to me every single Peak night of ALL the major meteor showers since the Leonids last year.

Will I ever see a shower?

Steve

Hey

Will i see more looking with the naked eye or a set of 10x50 bins

just i saw two with the naked eye in aug and wondering if binos would help.

Also whats the best time tonight and what constellation should i be looking in

cheers

Teddy

Teddy I saw one last night at about 01:30am inbetween Orion and Mars. They radiate I believe from LEO but you may see them all around that general area. Leo don't rise above the horizon here to about midnight but you may see them before the peak last night was supposed to be around 10pm.

I understand you can see them anywhere in the sky, they just radiate from somewhere near Leo. Don't bother with Bins - no use at all. The naked (or bespectacled) eye rules - so all the literature says - I hope one day before I die to be able to confirm this from my experience but it isn't looking too likely at the moment. :-(

Steve

Archived