Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

brief gander with the bins

simon84

Evening all,

Just took a chance and popped out into the garden with my 15x70's and got some fantastic views.

Its fairly cloudy here but in the breaks my wife and I got some good views of the Pleiades, and the Orion nebula. My wife gasped at the amoung of nebulosity tonight. Seeing here is really good.

Just had a rather large bank of low cloud come over but its moving failry quickly so hopefully I can get back out there soon and find some other interesting views.

You really cant beat just picking up the bins and getting straight to it. Fantastic, if anyone out there hasnt got any or are thinking of getting some go for it. You wont regret it.

Cheers,

Simon.

Hehe, me too, and a copy of Sky & Telescopes Pocket Sky Atlas.

Was a very good night, hoping tonight might be just as good. The ISS is flying over near me tonight but I got a feeling it'll be in shadow but I know roughly where it will be so might see something.

On reflection of last night even I cant believe how good M42 looked.

Its fairly cloudy here but in the breaks my wife and I got some good views of the Pleiades, and the Orion nebula. My wife gasped at the amoung of nebulosity tonight. Seeing here is really good.

I'm dribbling with envy...:rolleyes::)

Archived