Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skywatcher scopes help

hello all i am fairly new to stargazing.. i own a really crappy scope at the mo it was ok for a while but now im bored with it and would like to get myself a more powerful scope. i have a budget of around £200.

i was thinking about this: Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak AUTO

could anyone tell me if this is a good beginner scope and what could i see with it ie any brighter dso etc

also if anyone knows of any better ones for similar money they could recommend. never thought it would be so difficult to choose ;) thanks in advance :(

Alot of people with a £200 budget go for this scope, it's a great beginners scope that will enable you to see a lot of objects.

You will be amazed at the difference it will make compared to your old scope.

when you say go for aparture what do you mean? sorry to sound stupid but im a total noob with these proper telescopes ;) do you mean something like a dobsonian?

Aperture means the diameter of the main mirror or lens of a scope - that's the bit that collects and focusses the light so the larger it is the more details and fainter objects you can see.

The 130p is a 130mm aperture mirror scope (the design is usually called a Newtonian) while the 150p has a 150mm mirror and therefor gathers more light.

A dobsonian is a simple scope design where the Newtonian tube is mounted on a simple up / down / left / right mount - a bit like a canon.

John

Archived