NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

scope and skies

adamsp123

I was after a 80mm finder and came across one on special offer at scope and skies. Hesitating after some of the recent problems people have had I called them and got through on the second try (quite amazing). After a quick chat and confirmed it was in stock I took the plunge and ordered it on Thursday 22nd Oct, it arrived today safely the 26th.

Pete

:(Play the Scopes'n'Skies Lottery ;)

But seriously, sometimes they do give very good service, but other times it's abysmal. Too bad it's not consistent. There's plenty of threads just on this forum about their service. I have to admit though that while it seemed as if all you heard about Scopes'nSkies were tales about bad service, over the last few months there have been some about good service. Maybe they're trying to improve?

John

i ordered a lazer colomator from them a little while ago online,The next day i recieved a phone call to say they were out of stock but would i accept an higher spec model for the same price (of course i would)

this was recieved 2 days later.

they have also upgraded eyepieces i have ordered from them FOC.

So all i can say is i must be one of the lucky ones and i will use them untill i experience any different in service

I have placed 4 orders with S&S/Pulsar first was a small item and got a 10% discount voucher which I used to get my SW 120ED, took about 5 days to arrive but arrive safely it did. Third was a EP set and as one EP was out of stock it was upgraded FOC and last was the AE 80mm finder and a beast it is, very nicely engineered.

What I fail to understand is the contrasting level of service they provide, emailing them was a waste of time and calling them takes a fair bit of patience and some of the horror stories are terrible and yet everything I have ordered has been fine.

I had an excellent experience with scopes and skies.

I had ordered a t-mount adapter for my

Olympus e510 and I did receive the order in time , however the adapter did not fit so I returned it and got a replacement back in just 1 day.

Ordered an adapter from them a few weeks ago. Nothing turned up for 10 days. Gave them a phone and it turned up the next day (sounded like they had 'lost' the order).

Same thing happened with my brother-in-law. He decided not to buy from them anymore after that incident. Inconsistency can cause serious damage sometimes.

Archived