Ambermile

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owwwwww pretty! Thanks arthur! Did the reamer turn up or the bar first? hehe

Any ETA from the anodizer?

I like the can of fosters in the background hehe, busy wednesday indeed :laugh:

Well, it was the bar - so it's 25mm. Enough I reckonj for maybe 40lb each side (tripod permitting). First on the left has a flat machined to attach a dec drive if you look closely... :nono:

Arthur

PS - anodisers tomorrow now unfortunately - but best guess is a Monday return. Relax - should be in your sweaty hands by the end of the week.

Thats 2 EQ6's!! Blimy. My little ED80 will happily sit on there then :laugh:

The option to motorise them is exciting really. Did you manage to get it to work? I see you've changed the Alt tensioner to the side rather than the top. Gives me a small table on the top hehe. Are you offering the wedges at a later date too?

5 Weeks isn't so bad really. It's rained here most of them anyway! My binoculars have had a lot more use!

Thats 2 EQ6's!! Blimy. My little ED80 will happily sit on there then :laugh:

The option to motorise them is exciting really. Did you manage to get it to work? I see you've changed the Alt tensioner to the side rather than the top. Gives me a small table on the top hehe. Are you offering the wedges at a later date too?

5 Weeks isn't so bad really. It's rained here most of them anyway! My binoculars have had a lot more use!

Well, it's a maximum and you have to balance but it's reasonable.

No motors yet, but I know how to do it. This is also why the Alt knob is on the side partly - big flat bit on top for beer cans small motor mounting.

Arthur

Given the size of the mount i doubt i'll ever need anything larger to mount my OTA's on. Plus the beer can table is an excellent addition :laugh:

If i can EQ mount it at some point in the next year or so using a wedge that'll keep me happy for a long time to come. I might see if i can get you to make me a L bracket for a PST too not sure yet though.

I'll do a review when i get the mount in my sweaty little hands assuming the weather co-operatres

Archived