Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ-MOD help please!!

I have put aside today to get EQ-MOD working by daylight and in comfort so I know what to do when I get outside, but nothing seems to be working!

Here's what I've done:

- wired it up: hand controller (Synscan 3.24) to the mount as usual, a cable with RJ-11 (into hand controller) and RS-232 (to RS-232 to USB adaptor (from Astronomiser))

- Installed ASCOM platform 5.0

- Installed EQ-MOD (EQASCOM)

- Switched on the mount and gone through the set-up routine on the handset (no alignment), so I can get into PC Direct mode

- plugged in the mount (via the RS-232 (serial) to USB adapter) to the USB port

- opened EQ-ASCOM

Nothing. Buttons on EQ-ASCOM don't work, but they still work on the hand controller, even though it's in PC direct mode ;)

When I plugged in the USB-Serial adapter teh first time, the PC started the new hardware wizard, but didn't manage to complete it. Now, when I plug it in, it doesn't do anything at all.

I can imagine I've completely missed out something, but I can't figure out what!

Please help!

Andrew

There is a platform upgrade on the Ascom website that fixed some connection issues for me when using generic USB-RS232 dongles.

Sometimes I had to try connecting to the mount 3 or 4 times before it would work.

Look for the file called "ASCOMPlatform5.5UpdaterRC4.exe".

Archived