Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cable management

I'm just trying to re-set the Obs for using an EQ mount instead of an alt z on a wedge. Are there any tricks for effective cable management? I'll have the usual: power, 2 cameras, EQmod link, dew heaters etc. I also have lots of velcro ;)

What are your best tips?

thanks

Helen

Hi Helen

Jaffa is correct. You must separate signal/data cable from mains cable and even control cables for motors etc away from data. Preferably by means of metal,earthed trunking Looking at your obs pics I would also add that it would be far better to have the cables going under the floor as opposed to on top if your not going the trunking route. Argos/B&Q sell spiral cable wrap which can be cut to length to keep things tidy (as used to tidy behind pc's, hifi etc) . As always with electricity in these situations, get a competant electrician in. The cost of one will be small compared to the damage to your equipment and safety are concerned if anything goes wrong eg water leak,tripping over etc - you have alot of metalwork there connected to sensitive equipment

Hope this helps

Adrian

Archived