Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 1st observing report 12/10

acharris77

Hey all, thought after all this time I would finally post a observing report of a night under the stars, as I enjoyed tonight. It only a short session. Also posting this as this is my 1st post for a while due to circumstances.

So tonight I decide that the sky is nice and clear and no moonlight, so I set up the scope about 22:45, give 20 mins cool down and I decide to start the observing with an old friend, jupiter. Jupiter was low down at around 23:05, but with good seeing I managed to see some nice bands and the moons, and I pushed the viewing with my 3x barlow and 10mm, which is a combination I aint been able to use for a while due to bad seeing.

Then I turn my attention to the M13, and with the seeing good and adverted vision and my eyes got more dark adapted with my eye patch on one eye, I could see the outer being slightly lighter than the center.

So I decide to look around the sky with my eyes and to my surprise I seen and really old friend I aint seen in a long time and especially through a scope is the M45, Pleiades. So I turn the scope and popped in my 25mm eyepiece and wow what a lovely sight of the open cluster. The field of stars was an amazing sight, so rich that is blew me away.

So after seeing that, I decided to pack up and go in as I was happy after seeing the Seven Sisters. This night was good, as due to the weather, clouds, moonlight and a really heavy cold I have been a bit fed up at not getting out and was losing a bit of heart in the hobby, but after tonight it really made me happy, esp seeing an old friend with M45 and I realise that the best is yet to come in the winter months.

Archived