Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

quick and dirty IC 1805 mosaic - the heart nebula in Ha 11/10/09

Whippy

As it was pretty windy last night, this was really just a test of the reducer I picked up at Kelling (thanks Kev) and as you can see technically there's a fair bit 'wrong' with the image due to various reasons but it's nice little effort none the less. Well I like it anyway :D.

Anyhoo, IC 1805 in Ha. Total exposure time 90 mins per pane (8 minute subs upper half, 5 minute subs lower) taken with an Atik 16Hr camera, a WO FFII 8.0x reducer/flattener and an Astronomik 13Nm Ha filter through a WO ZS66. Guided by a WO FLT98, QHY5 and PHD atop an EQ6. Stacked in DSS and processed iin Photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-1338774043_thumb.jpg

A nice Heart Tony. You would need to tell me what is not right with it, as I can't see it. One of the few Nebs I care to see with colour, simply to compliment it's name really.

Do you envisage adding some?

An FLT 98 as a guidescope, are you showing off. :D:)

Ron.

A nice Heart Tony. You would need to tell me what is not right with it, as I can't see it. One of the few Nebs I care to see with colour, simply to compliment it's name really.

An FLT 98 as a guidescope, are you showing off. :D:)

Ron.

An FLT 98 as a guidescope... Ditto :)

Very nice Tony... I guess the 98 as the guidescope is because the FOV with the 66 was better suited to the task at hand maybe..?

Peter...

Spot on Peter :D. The 98 does make for a very nice guide scope though :).

Cheers Ron, although since you asked... There's stars going off in all sorts of directions around the edges, could be due to the flattener not quite having the correct spacing (probable), my polar alignment was way off (likely, PHD was constantly correcting!) and it was pretty windy (maybe). You can see where the join is (look 2/3rds down on the right hand side) and there's not enough time spent on it. I'm glad you like it though (and everyone else, thanks :) ), if anything I'm quite impressed how much has come out for only 90 minutes!

Tony..

Archived