Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33

philj

M33 with the Meade 127, no reducer/flattener, therefore the image is full frame out of the camera, no cropping. 2hours of 5 minute 1600 subs with modded 1000d but I forgot to set the white balance so it neednt have been modded, sheesh my memory gets worse.

Very little processing except calibration and a bit of levels, curves and noise filter.

Philj

Thanks for the comments guys.

Im chuffed with this image, OK there are better around but it shows the potential of this scope.

Alan I can recommend them. I got rid of the C11 recently because this scope is so versatile. Great visual, looking good for imaging. Even if a 150mm was to come out soon I dont think Id swap because this scope is so manageable.

Philj

Nice Image. Just finished doing a mod on my 1000d, I am a little confused about your comments on white balance, could you please ampilify before I start imaging with it? Thanks in advance.

John

Yes John, I used my modded 1000d to take some wedding shots the other weekend; so set the custom white balance on a piece of white card in normal daylight. Then selecting any program other than auto the camera compensates for the red tint given by the modded camera and makes it look almost normal, saves getting filters and the like. The only problem was I forgot to turn it off CWB and so it compensated by taking out the red. I should have set it back to auto before taking this image then it wouldnt have taken the red out.

Some say the info is still there in the RAW file but I dont know how to get that out. Still nothing lost on this image though as its not like an emmission nebula where most of the object is in the red Ha.

So moral of the story is leave it set on AWB and use another camera for weddings:D:D:D

Philj

Archived