Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion zoom AND Nirvana 16mm?

Hi,

I've had my Celestron 8se for nearly a year now (very happy with it) and I'm looking to upgrade my eyepiece collection (25mm, 40mm E-Lux, 13mm,6mm plossl). After reading various reviews and comments on this (excellent) and other forums, the Hyperion zoom & then the Nirvana 16mm (after bank balance recovers) seem to be a good option. The plan is to use the zoom for general viewing and the Nirvana for wide FOV.

My question is: will these 2 eyepieces complement each other? or is there a better combination. I want to get it right because after this outlay I won't be in the eyepiece market for some time:)

IMO the baader zoom is 24-8mm so why get a 16mm fixed eyepiece bang in the middle of you zoom.

I would go this route:

Have your Baader zoom.

And then a 28mm Nirvana this would give you in your scope.

A mag of x72, an exit pupil of 2.75mm and a lovely widefield of 1.13°

A 16mm on the other hand would give a mag of x127, exit pupil of 1.57mm and a fov of 0.65°

That does sound an ideal option - more expensive but a much better combination - thanks for the advice.

What adapter would I need to fit the 2" Nirvana 28mm eyepiece into the 1.25" 8se?

That does sound an ideal option - more expensive but a much better combination - thanks for the advice.

What adapter would I need to fit the 2" Nirvana 28mm eyepiece into the 1.25" 8se?

You will need to change to a 2" diagonal as well. You do need to consider balance as well - the Nirvana weighs around 1 kilo and with a 2" diagonal is like adding 1.5 kilos to the back of your scope !.

John

Archived