Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC Capture problem

Last night I had a good long session imaging the Moon which involved taking 138 avi files (74Gb). Mostly everything went ok but on 3 occasions I had the dreaded message "IC capture needs to close . . . . " and the computer would then freeze. When rebooted it would then not find the DMK camera although after a second reboot usually did. It always happened when stopping a recording so I guess that makes it a software problem. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do?

Dave

Looks like we had a very similar night, three reboots of the pc due to IC during a run of 120 AVI's on the moon with the DMK21.

to add to that I discovered that the replacement mother board I put in the obs PC (AMD Athlon) last week won't allow the cam to run at 60 fps so I was stuck with 30fps.:D

Mike.

Looks like we had a very similar night, three reboots of the pc due to IC during a run of 120 AVI's on the moon with the DMK21.

to add to that I discovered that the replacement mother board I put in the obs PC (AMD Athlon) last week won't allow the cam to run at 60 fps so I was stuck with 30fps.:D

Mike.

Ouch! With 30fps it must have taken ages. As it was I was going from about 12:20am to 3:00am as the clouds started to come in. I only had two frames to go when it crashed and with the cloud coming it was a bit of a panic, but just made it.

Dave

I did 60 second avi's, around 1800 frames. I started at around midnight after the moon stopped play with my DSO work.

I was stopped by the clouds at 120 avi's (3am) and I was only just about half way up the moon.:D

Congrats on getting to the end.:)

Mike.

Archived