Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there a good way to clean a DSLR sensor?

I use a hurricane air blower. If that doesn't work i set the camera for a bulb exposure and then use a surgicaly clean wipe designed to go across the sensor. It's a bit like a school PVA glue spatula with clean gauze tied around it. You can get loads of stuff but it can get expensive. I find the air blower clears most stuff though. Obviously you have to be very gentle when touching the sensor itself. I brought my stuff from warehouse express for about a tenner and it works great.

I use a blower, if you use the canned air, DO NOT shake or use up side down or tilted, the propellant can be harmful to the sensor., There is a device I have seen that you can use to pick the dust off the sensor, just touch the dust and it sticks to the device. I have only seen this as part of a cleaning kit, I think sold by Jessops. As for the stuff you use Gordon, Nikon do not recommend it, and will charge dear for any replacement work!

So far, I have managed with the air blower, and I have had some very dusty images, and after over 4000 pictures in 18 months, that isn't too bad, with only two stubburn specks, that I have to clone out.

Naz :)

Having read up a lot on this subject I would probably send mine to be professionally cleaned...

However, you can do the job youself using iso alcohol.....

Do a search on here I can remember a "Robust" Thread on the subject!!

Archived