NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is it?

Saturn1

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Just a quick couple of questions really.

I was up rather early this morning, & noticed some rather bright objects in the sky at around 06:20am. not unusual you might say, they would be stars etc. to which I am inclined to agree.

But which stars or DSO's would they be??

The 1st was just to the left of Orion at about said time this morning.

The second was at approx 90° to the left of Orion at about the same hieght in the morning sky.

I made a somewhat lathargic attempt to view the first, but in my slightly sleep filled haze, couldn't quite focus clearly.:D

Could anyone tell me what they are please??:D

So that I might attempt a more structured attempt at viewing them without the hinderence of a sleep filled haze, lol.

Maybe set the alarm for an early morning session (skies permitting of course, & alarm on silent so as not to wake the monster beside me waiting to tear me apart for daring to wake her at such an ungodly hour:icon_eek:, lol).

Happy spotting

Tony:D

Venus was rising in the East, very bright white disc, but was probably too far East. The more likely candidates would have been Sirius and Procyon, above Procyon was Mars.Stellarium

If you don't already have it get the free copy of Stellarium, this will allow you to go back in time to 6.30am and will show you what stars etc were around at the time.

Stellarium

Hope this helps

Carl

Archived