Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Frustration!!!

RobH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I leave the idas there all the time TJ... just a habit really probably a bad one... at least that way I wont waste a night imaging without it being there and its keeps the front of the FF III cleaner...

Yes filters are screwed into the 2" nosepiece on the FF III...

The Ha filter thread was happier screwing into the IDAS than it was into the FF III as well...

Up to 9 x 900s now... so another quick rough...

post-14969-133877397328_thumb.jpg

Peter...

It took ages for it to clear over here, near Ipswich, but now that it has I'm grabbing 5 min Ha subs of the Tulip. I don't kmow what I have done, but my guiding is working the best it ever has; the tracking error graph is very "tight" with +/- < 0.5 pixels RA and +/- next to nothing Dec.

Steve

Well, it's clear here but I upgraded my OS last night (to Mac OS X 10.6) and have spent the first 2 hours of potential imaging time sorting out why most of my imaging apps weren't working... :)

They are now though and I'm now adding some moon washed OIII to my NGC6960 data. :D

James

The seeing is fairly shaky here in the midlands, not too dewy though, Usual 7 stars only in cassiopeia visible. What mag does that make my sky any idea? The moon isnt helping but it is rarely better than that.

The faintest of the seven likely zeta which is mag 3.7

Ursa Minor is a better test of how dark your skies are.

The Michael is being well and truly extracted here. Not a cloud in the sky, so I lug the big boy out, set it up, get it collimated and now I am waiting for darkness. Only thing is, a load of clouds are now putting in an appearance. I hate this country, I really do... :) :)

Archived