Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Right choice

vlebo

Given I have a 30 mm Pentax XW and I am awaiting delivery of the 14 and 7 mm XW I am wondering if you had the choice which two XW's would you buy to make an all round set given that I may barlow them with a 1.5 or 1.6 barlow.

Any help much appreciated.

Vlebo

I made a concious decision not to use a barlow with my XWs and hence bought several. They all get used but some so infrequently (poor sky) that it is hard to justify the expenditure.

I'd wait and see how often you feel the need for other focal lengths - 30mm, 14mm and 7mm will give you a good range of views.

Mike

If you wanted one more then i'd go for the 10mm, it's a superb eyepiece and offers some other useful options for high powers in conjunction with a barlow. Two, then i'd go for the 5mm and 10mm and probably not worry about barlows, but the 1.5x/1.6x option would still be useful.

Hmmm, I wouldnt have bought the 14 mm as the barlowed 30mm will give you 15mm

Maybe something like a 22mm (barlowed 11mm) would have been a good choice giving you a set of EP's that give you 30mm, 22mm 15mm, 11mm, 7mm and 3.5mm.

I made a concious decision not to use a barlow with my XWs and hence bought several. They all get used but some so infrequently (poor sky) that it is hard to justify the expenditure.

I'd wait and see how often you feel the need for other focal lengths - 30mm, 14mm and 7mm will give you a good range of views.

Mike

Hi Mike

Just wondering , seing as you have a 300 Flextube , which of your eyepieces you use more than the others.

Vlebo

Archived