Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil nebula

gliderpilot

I have wanted to study and sketch the veil neb but find it quite illusive. You need a dark clear sky at the right time of year. Well I bagged veil neb at Salisbury star party in my 4 inch skywatcher and mike's OIii just before the clouds rolled back in. Thoroughly enjoyed the view but no further forward wiith the sketch!!

Mark

:)Hey Mark....I've managed to 'bag' the Veil in my light poluted back yard using my Meg 72. Needed an OIII filter to get through the 'orange', but there it was!!! You should be able to manage it with your nice 4incher. Will also try to sketch the view when it's a bit lower down!:)

:)Hey Mark....I've managed to 'bag' the Veil in my light poluted back yard using my Meg 72. Needed an OIII filter to get through the 'orange', but there it was!!! You should be able to manage it with your nice 4incher. Will also try to sketch the view when it's a bit lower down!:)

Thats a great "bag" :) - the smallest scope I've managed to see the Veil with is an 80mm F/5 refractor with an UHS-C filter and then I could only make out the brighter (eastern) portion.

It's a great object though with a bit more aperture, a dark night and an OIII filter.

John

Archived