Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Lobster , The Helix Nebula and The Lagoon

athlon

Howdy

Here is NGC6357 (known as the Lobster Nebula) hanging off the end of the tail of Scorpio. This was taken over several nights with an Canon 1000d on an 8"SW600 on an EQ6, guided with an Orion SSAG through a Skywatcher ST80, this several hours worth, and i mean literally, but it really does bring out the depth and detail that can be harder to get on a DSLR. Its a very red object, and i mean ruby red

ngc6357mix4.jpg

This is M8, The Lagoon Nebula, this was taken with the same equipment as above, but with 10 min exposures, again this a few hours worth.

lagoon10m.jpg

And Lastly, the Helix Nebula in Aquarius taken with the same equipment as above, this was 10 min subs at about 3 hours worth. hope you like!!

helix3.jpg

Great images Athlon. I love the deep red in that lobster. Where abouts do you live Athlon. I would take me about 10 years to get that much time on the Lagoon

i live in Canberra, in Australia, although i have only been here a coulpe of years, and am from the UK, yeah i remember Antares just popping up over the horizon back home, but here, they pass overhead

i guess i am lucky enough to have had a good run on both hemispheres

:)

Archived