Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help woth new scope please

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy my first telescope and have been told that for my budget the Celestron astromaster 130 EQ would be best. Does anyone know if this is a good scope or are there better??

Thanks!

Paul :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for your help i havnt got it yet been away but ive also now seen this one that seems to have better reviews

skywatcher explorer 130pm

so if anyone knows about this could you please help.

This is a really good forum have been reading over old posts everyone seems really helpful.

:)

I'd go for the Skywatcher over the Celestron in this case - the 130PM has a better mount which is driven on one axis so it will track objects and keep them in the field of view while you observe them.

John

Thanks!

i never knew there was so much involved till im finally wanting to buy a telescope!

Yes - it's a whole new world :). Try and avoid the temptations of e.bay scopes if you can as well - there's a lot of junk on there if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

John

Archived