NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Lunar Mosaic

Dave Moulton

My 11 year old Nephew Jed had fun putting the pieces together last night after we imaged NGC6888

Scope not the best choice for this one but it was already up and running so it was worth a try

Scope GSO 8" F4 Newt

Camera Luminera 075 + x2 Barlow Baader coma corrector as well

Cheers,

Dave

post-14400-133877390754_thumb.jpg

Well I'd say that was a success Dave.

Let's hope it is the first of many more.

Ron. :)

Just a test Ron to be honest , it gave the little un something to play with stitching all the pieces together. Using the fast Newt was always going to give me less contrast, I was curious to see just what it could do.

Dave

Well, I'd say very well done Dave and Jed, especially Jed for putting together such a seamless job. He's definitely way ahead of the learning curve on this, took me years and I still don't get it right sometimes.

Keep on keeping on! :)

Daniel

Hi Dave,

considering you're all set up for deep sky, that's a really nice mosaic - really nice contrast and excellent mosaicing.

I love the mosaicing bit - great fun - I'm not sure how MS Ice would work with a lunar mosaic - I'll have to try it, but it would take all the jigsaw fun out of it.MS Ice is a brilliant program for stitching daytime panoramas - I used it to do one recently and the results were fantastic and can warp the images to fit each other.

Regards

John

Archived