Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO 66 as a Finder for a dob???????

I'm thinking off buying one of these 66 scopes such as the WO 66 as a finder for my dob. Of course this can also double up as a travel scope and be mounted on a photographic tripod.

Anyway does anyone use one of these as a finder and if so how would one mount it on a 16" dob. They come with a "L" Bracket so what attachments would I need.

With my 21mm Hyperion it gives me x18 and FOV of 3.68°

If I remove the first elements on the 21mm Hyperion this turns it into a 32.2mm eyepiece so this equates to x12 and 5.67°

Maybe FLO has some ideas.

Ron

Ive used mine without a finder and it worked ok you may want to reduce further to 8x if you can, 50mm Tele Vue plossl perhaps, may be a little narrow though, ive done it and it worked ok.

Mick.:)

Hi

The perfect solution would be this quick release bracket as it fits up to 20" dia. OTAs http://www.scsastro.co.uk/it260003.htm if only it wasn't £69.00.

Otherwise some standard small tube rings could be bolted to the OTA, but of course you're then stuck with the 66 on there all the time.

John

As you say this is the perfect solution but it's £70. But the whole point was the 66 to be a travel scope as well so it's got to be removable.

Ben thanks for the tip about borg I'll have a look at them.

Archived