Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pacman again, more Ha, more OIII

Tim

Nobody warned me that narrowband imaging would be so addictive, but each session with one of the filters reaps massive rewards and gains on the previous one, as the data accumulates.

At this rate, I could be imaging old Pacman here all summer....!!

Anyroad, here's how he's looking at the moment. Still need another 6 hours of SII, 2 hours of OIII, and would like to add another couple of hours Ha with longer subs, as the 25 min ones from last night really enlarged the outer regions by light years, and extra features are just beginning to present themselves.

Imaged with H9 camera, baader NB filters, WO 72 OTA with FFII. Subs ranging from 900secs to 1500secs. Hubble Palette used.

Thanks for looking

TJ

post-14037-133877389375_thumb.jpg

Yeah, noticed that after the first few hours of Ha, but didn't want to alter the centre of the nebula from the centre of the FOV, not sure how well the FFII does with the WO72 and H9, so thought it better to keep the sharpest area dead central.

You need a cohort or two TJ. A Joint/Co. Project, such as with the giant lunar jobbie. I'm sure two or three of the guys would be happy to subscribe to such a venture.

Think of the saving in time.

Or perhaps there is something that prevents that happening, that I wouldn't know about. Some technical prohibitive.

Ron.:)

You need a cohort or two TJ. A Joint/Co. Project, such as with the giant lunar jobbie. I'm sure two or three of the guys would be happy to subscribe to such a venture.

Think of the saving in time.

Or perhaps there is something that prevents that happening, that I wouldn't know about. Some technical prohibitive.

Ron.:)

I think what I need is a 4 way telescope system ala Milamber! The more I think about it, the more it becomes appealing to be able to gather twice the data concurrently. My current rig would hold 3 X WO72's, but my current wallet wont support even one more!

That's turning into a real classy bit of work now Tim.

Time is the key to DSO imaging in general, and NB in particular,

If you spend all summer on this, the image you would get in the end would be worth the effort :)

Cheers

Rob

Archived