Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever imaging - don't expect much!!

huwbellamy

Hi all,

I took a look through the scope for the first time in a while last night and used my phone camera to snap the moon. I was stunned by how good the images are - it makes up for the fact that my phone is pretty useless as a means of communication!

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

The line on the left of the last one was the drainpipe on the side my house and after that the wall stopped play.

I know this might sound silly but how exactly did you take the picture? Did you take it by just holding your phone up to the eyepiece?

Thanks all and yes, just pointed it down the eyepiece. I got a decent picture (ok it's a blurred stripy ball) last year with an slr held by hand and aimed though the eyepiece too. I can't see myself getting into imaging as the cost/time investment is prohibitive at present but it's nice to show people what it is you've been gazing at for hours isn't it. Hmm.....

Actually the first image is very good. I copied it into Photoshop and it cleans up very well indeed, especially considering it's a handheld down the eyepiece - well done.

The only real issue with it is that it's left to right reversed which is a doddle to fix in a graphics program.

Thanks all and yes, just pointed it down the eyepiece. I got a decent picture (ok it's a blurred stripy ball) last year with an slr held by hand and aimed though the eyepiece too. I can't see myself getting into imaging as the cost/time investment is prohibitive at present but it's nice to show people what it is you've been gazing at for hours isn't it. Hmm.....

Well i've got to say, that the pictures are amazing seeing as they have been taken with a a camera phone. When i tried it with the eyepiece i could not get any sort of picture onto my phone? What am i doing wrong?

Archived