Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Curse those clouds - 8 minutes of the Bubble Nebula

James

Last night was one of those nights - transparency was great, seeing was so so and clouds kept scudding across at high speed. I fixed a little more of the flexure I'm getting but only managed 2 subs of 4 minutes each of the Bubble.

I wasn't going to post this but it's all I got last night and I never fail to be amazed with what you can get with the H9 and 8 minutes... so I thought I'd share it.

* If I'd just moved things slightly I'd have got M52 as well...

Mount: EQ6

OTA: Megrez 72

Guiding: ED100 & DMK31 + PHD

Imaging: SXV-H9 + Nebulosity, 2x 4mins, Baader 7nm Ha

Processing: Nebulosity

post-13295-133877388697_thumb.jpg

I think I will move the field of view next time - Cassiopeia is nicely situated right now, albeit in Tauntons Light Pollution dome - but narrowband should take care of that so I'm going to try and get lots more of this one and some OIII too.

I'm really dreading the H9 being taken away for any reason (occupational hazard). I love taking a five minute shot of something whilst Kate watches (and grumbles) and then show her the result. Whilst she's complaining there's nothing there it's great to do a quick fiddle with some curves and see the data come out. Even Kate's been impressed!

James

a quick fiddle with some curves and see the data come out. Even Kate's been impressed!

That could be taken so differently....

Looks like you might get another go tonight mate, the forecasts say yes, while my ill-informed judgement using sat24 says otherwise.

Tony..

:)

It'll probably be clear till about midnight and then like last night with lots of cloud going over. I've got the day off with Kate and the kids tomorrow so ned some sleep tonight unfortunately...

Archived