Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I am new to all this so please be kind to me.... I have just purchased a Nexstar 8se 'scope and with it came a Optistar PL-130C video camera.

The 'scope is easy to set up and get going (in the kitchen at least!) but the camera - I havnt got a clue, it comes with next to no instructions, some software for imaging-again no instructions. I dont even know where to mount the camera!!! HELP ME PLEASE!:)

Ive wanted a telescope for many years ( im now 53!) and would dearly love to use the camera for some images

You need a nosepiece for the camera. This screws into the front of the camera and is inserted into the focuser in place of an eyepiece. I'm sure OpticStar will sell you one - they ship them automatically with the AG130C bundle. Have a look at the picture on their site.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but I had less than successful results with my PL130. I was trying to use it for guiding though, so perhaps you'll have more luck.

Mike

Archived