A quick NGC 7331 and a whole host of friends 28/07/09

Whippy

It's been a full 3 months since I've been out so last night was more of a cobweb blowing excersise than anything else! The night started off clear but as the night wore one, high thin cloud was about. I finally managed to get the Green data for the Iris Nebula image I started back at SGL4 but I'm off work this week so I can stay up a little later :). Still knackered this morning though.....

I'm sure I could have got Stephan's Quintet in the frame too but like I say, It's been a while so I'm not quite in the groove for the season yet. Saying that though, I think this is the first time I've managed to get 10 minute subs without any tracking errors so that's one thing cracked finally :).

Plus I managed to get my first real observing session in on Jupiter ever as it skimmed my house roof so whilst it was a lot of heat 'wobble', it still looked glorious through my Mak-Newt :rolleyes:.

Anyhoo, NGC 7331. Exposure time 1hr 20 mins (8x10 mins) Taken with an Atik 16HR with IR cut and IDAS filters though a WO FLT98. Quided by a QHY5, WO ZS66 and PHD all atop and EQ6 Pro.

Tony..

post-13439-133877388432_thumb.jpg

No.5 is ALIVE!! Yay!

Great to see you posting pics Tony :)

Glad you did this one as well, I have been meaning to keep an eye out for it since James got his first assisted pic of it at Kelling last year. Just love the backdrop of all those galaxies.

Tim

Cheers guys :). Have to say that for only 80 mins I was quite chuffed with this so I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come although the Iris is proving to be a right pig to get right!

Tony..

Archived