Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moonlite on a Flextube

Im just considering upgrading the Std focusser on my Flextube.

Apart from a Moonlite does anybody else know of other manufactures and more importantly ive heard reports of having to widen holes / redrill new ones , i would rather have a focusser that was a direct replacement.

Lastly how good is the Skywatcher Dual Speed focusser ??

Many thanks :)

You could take a look at Starlight Feather Touch Telescope Focusers - Astronomy Accessories for the Serious Amateur - Starlight Instruments LLC

Baader do some upgrades with their steeltrack focusers ( I tried one but didn't like it ).

Dont know about the Sky-Watcher one as I havent tried one.

The Moonlite version fitted quite well but it did need some of the screw holes widening a bit on my own scope. That was simple enough just with a small round file. It did mean taking the secondary out to get good enough access. Its quite a simple job really.

Dont know what demands the others would have.

I can tell you the Moonlite is money well spent if you want some quality.

Instead of the stock Meade focuser I have the Relevation dual speed focuser, very similar to the Skywatcher one.

Definetly a step up from the stock one and the dual speed knob really works well. Overall it's very smooth and I like it very much.

If money is no object I would go for the Moonlite from what I've read a fantastic focuser.

The Baader & FeatherTouch are fantastic for the money. The Moonlite is my first choice, but I do recall a member swapping out to the Skywatcher with good results.. I like my Antares TBH

Upgraded to a dual speed Moonlite on mine. No regrets (apart from diminished bank account).

:):):) Well I was silly enough when I restarted this hobby to think it would be quite cheap. After all - whats to buy - a telescope and thats that - yeah right

That must be one of the biggest fibs about astronomy that 'its a cheap hobby'

Archived