Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking like a very clear night tonight : Up for a chat ?

Catanonia

Hopefully will be out imaging the pelican now everything is working again.

Anyone else who is imaging and sitting twiddling thier thumbs, log onto my Web based chat in my signature if you like. Might be a few of us in there chatting away. Don't be shy.

Click the link on my signature, choose a name, leave password blank and join us.

I will be online about 11pm tonight when I start to image.

The chat is not affiliated to SGL and therefore SLG is not responsible or liable for it.

Looks like the clouds are massing on the welsh borders :)

Funny night tonight, the seeing is reasonably steady here, there are a lot more stars than usual apparent to the naked eye, and even the wisp of a hint of the Milky Way, but when I got the binos out, the transparency was so dire that I could barely pick out M31, even dark adapted with averted vision revealed next to nothing.

The other thing showing up the poor transparency is the data coming through. I have run a set of 25min subs using an SII filter, and there is hardly anything at all coming through, I'm having to stretch the image massively even to see any nebulosity.

Just hoping the last one finishes before the clouds come over here.

Cheers

TJ

Archived