EQ6 cable tidy

George

Decided it was time to tidy up the rats nest of power/usb & serial cables that festoon my mount, I retreated to the obsy as it was peeing down (and to escape the wife's job list :)) and set about untangling the mess. I have a root about in the engineering skip from time to time at work and had already rescued some 25mm wide braided polyester sheathing that was sitting there from my last project (it was used to make my dew bands). The braiding is very easy to work with as its loose weave and you can fit over objects 50mm in diameter quite easily, tie off one end with a cable tie then pull taught the over end and again tie off.

Once its pulled taught and tied it effectively shrinks itself to fit very tightly. See the image below for the finished job:glasses1:

post-13224-13387738805_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

That's a good idea George - I'm still struggling with how much 'give' to allow for the cables to cope with the scopes range of movement so am stuck with two or three felt cable ties to keep things slightly organized...

James

Archived