Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Philips SPC900 help needed please

Not sure if this should be in here but....

Both my SPC900 webcam and lend adapter turned up today and been trying to set it up on my laptop ready for some imaging.

The problem i'm having is that after running the setup disc and contecting the camara to my laptop it's not recognising through the cd software that the cam is connected.

Any help on this matter would be highly appreciated so that it's all up and running for some clear skies should we see any.

Scot.

:D Hi Scot,

I had lots of problems when I first got my webcam ~ it really didn't like Vista. I downloaded Vista drivers for it from Philips' website (they weren't on the setup CD) and it's OKish now - but I get fed up with it crashing so only use the webcam from my laptop (XP) which doesn't seem to be a problem.

Hope you get it sorted and have some clear skies - it's been raining here in London for hours but the sun is just peeping round the clouds! :)

Liz

Vista now ships with the SPC drivers as part of the driver pack. If you have the latest downloads from MS then you should be OK. Otherwise, try shutting down, plugging the camera in and firing up. Vista should be allowed to do a full search (online) and then you'll be sorted.

The drivers were never on the Philips site (for this camera) as they went direct to MS for Vista distribution.

Arthur

Hi,

I am running an SPC900 on a Vista machine; I had the same problem until I installed the drivers as the administrator. Vista security is a nightmare. Let's hope windows 7 is less troublesome..

Hope this helps..:)

I don't have an administrator set up on my laptop.

Got it online by pulling the net connector out my desktop.

It's not asking to search for drivers, the philips setup has been removed.

Really am starting to get stressed with it now.

Why can't companies make things easy?

Ok..But just google this and then see what you find..

"How to access the true Administrator account in Windows Vista"

Helped me out..Now my SPC works fine in Vista.

:)

OMG it finally works.

Thank you so much guys/girls.

Had to run Microsoft Fix It to sort the problem out in the end.

Means it will finally work.

BIG thanks to everyone.

Scot.

P.S.

What should i have my settings at for astro imaging?

Sooner i get the settings right means less time spending a clear night cursing my laptop/camara/next doors cat.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Scot.

Archived