NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just been posted this...

Milamber

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marvellous. At last :):hello2::):hello2::headbang:

As regards the conspiracy theories, there are 2 main things that debunk all of that rubbish.

1. As mentioned before....of all the people involved, in 40 years, someone would have spilled the beans by now.

2. Just watch the way things move in the lunar films. It's not slow motion, it's movement in a different gravitational field. Watch the dust kicked up by the astronauts.

That would be pretty hard to simulate even today, and certainly couldn't have been done 40 years ago.

Cheers

Rob

Pointless arguing with the ******s mate.

You could take them to the moon and slap them with the flag planted there and they would still find someone to say about it such as we were all hypnotised or something.

I discovered many years ago that not all people are equal as we are taught. Some are actually quite thick and do not understand logic or reason.

Some break from the mold, but most are stuck there to breed and produce more.

Marvellous. At last :):hello2::):hello2::headbang:

As regards the conspiracy theories, there are 2 main things that debunk all of that rubbish.

1. As mentioned before....of all the people involved, in 40 years, someone would have spilled the beans by now.

2. Just watch the way things move in the lunar films. It's not slow motion, it's movement in a different gravitational field. Watch the dust kicked up by the astronauts.

That would be pretty hard to simulate even today, and certainly couldn't have been done 40 years ago.

Cheers

Rob

I don't think it's logic these people are lacking. It's a sense of balance. I am happy that there are people that are willing to go against the grain to such an extent. Every now and then, they turn out to be right. A species without such nutters would probably still be up in the trees. Just a hunch.

I don't think it's logic these people are lacking. It's a sense of balance. I am happy that there are people that are willing to go against the grain to such an extent. Every now and then, they turn out to be right. A species without such nutters would probably still be up in the trees. Just a hunch.

mmmm, maybe they do keep us on our toes and make us question things a bit more in society, but in this case, they are doing no good at all and they will never give in.

I normally ignore them, they will always argue black is actually white.

Sometimes black is white in the sense that "common sense" leads us to wrong conclusions. The reason I don't pay attention to the moon-hoaxers is that I don't find the consequences of their being right particularly interesting. OK, so someone faked some pictures for PR reasons, why should I care? So we haven't really been to the moon yet? Ok, makes it more exciting when we finally do go. What's the big deal?

There are an awful lot of nutters of one sort of another amongst the world's 7 billion. Now and again I pay a visit to the flat-earthers' website and their fairly active forum (19000-plus members, I am one! :):) ). Sort of puts it in perspective. Obviously when you firmly believe the Moon is a sort of frisbee a few metres across suspended on wires, you can't compass the idea of anyone walking on it...

Fantastic image!. :)

One thing the theorists (conveniently:rolleyes:) fail to mention is the space race. If we tried faking anything, you'd better believe the other side would have started screaming about it.

But they didn't..

Because they couldn't...

Because we actually went. :)

Like Apollo astronaut Charlie Duke said, "If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?" :headbang::)

agree absolutely Carol. If the cold war started around 1949 and ended around 1989 and America faked moon landings in 1969 why did the Soviets not say,"hey, that radio signal is coming from Arizona/Hollywood/Boise and not from the moon?"

I say we should get the money together to build another Atlas and fill it with conspiracy theorists.

Dennis

Fantastic image!. :)

One thing the theorists (conveniently:rolleyes:) fail to mention is the space race. If we tried faking anything, you'd better believe the other side would have started screaming about it.

But they didn't..

Because they couldn't...

Because we actually went. :)

heard a very similar comment from aldrin a few years ago, as he said we've found out in the last 20 years or so that during the '60s the soviets had "spies" in just about every deptartment of the US goverment including the pentagon. NASA by comparison would have been an easy target to infiltrate and you can guarentee that, if there had been any aspect of Apollo that was faked, the soviets would have found out about it and made sure the whole world knew.

Actually, a Soviet craft was orbiting the Moon when Apollo 11 arrived, but i've no idea whether it was capable of detecting A11's presence or not. One of Luna 15's goals was to land, scoop up lunar samples, and return them to Earth. But shortly after A11 landed, L15 impacted during its descent.

mmmm, maybe they do keep us on our toes and make us question things a bit more in society, but in this case, they are doing no good at all and they will never give in.

I normally ignore them, they will always argue black is actually white.

I often think some people are sent to challenge us. I view the people who believe the Moon landing was a hoax as these types of people... just gotta rise above it :)

Actually, a Soviet craft was orbiting the Moon when Apollo 11 arrived, but i've no idea whether it was capable of detecting A11's presence or not. One of Luna 15's goals was to land, scoop up lunar samples, and return them to Earth. But shortly after A11 landed, L15 impacted during its descent.

I never knew that! I wonder if NASA was worried if it was a threat or a danger of collision?

Archived