SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

why is not a single star visible in the astronauts moonwalk videos???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The thing that foxes a lot of people is that the darkness of the sky on the moon pictures arises not from the absence of illumination but from the absence of the atmospheric scattering of blue light. If the Earth lost its atmosphere day would still be day but the sky would be black. The message Black Sky = Night is only locally true, not universally. I presume that living in these conditions (unlikely!) would be rather like living in the glare of a single overhead spotlight with some serious ground reflection. Very strong shadows and a nightmare for reading...

Olly.

I do not believe for a second that the Moon landings were faked, it would have been much easier to just fire a rocket into space and land on the Moon, than fake the whole thing and pull it off. There is an observatory in the US that fires a laser beam at a mirror on the Moon that the astronauts left, to measure the Moon's exact distance and see if it's changing...that's proof in my book, I don't think aliens left the mirror for us. Also, the Russians were in the race with the US to the Moon, but I have never heard them crying "fake", and I suppose if anyone would be doing that it would be them.

My site www.astronomycentral.co.uk

Archived