NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

now where has that hefalump gone

steve51450

image taken on the 9th, got back from work late so everything was done in a rush so anything that could go wrong did and i was just rushing in the end so never a good combination when trying to get a decent image. I thought i would post the image none the less :)

so almost ic1396 :)

6x 20mins ha borg 101 f4.1

flats, bias darks subtracted

post-14888-133877384648_thumb.jpg

It saw you coming and ran away with the circus.......

Nice result from the Borg Steve, think I might end up with one, one day :)

There's nice definition coming through in the clouds there.

I agree, very nice. Shame you missed the elephant, but maybe you could do the elephant another night and join the two together?

Mono images are growing on me and I think that maybe I need to condiser a wider field scope at some point - the borg looks good!

Ant

thanks everyone, i feel a mosaic coming on as well :)

tj, you are welcome to try the 60ed any time as i am using the 101 at the moment, its the perfect match to your qhy8 and its f3.8 228mm fl and if you like widefield that's a knee trembler :)

i just love my borg scopes, i know the spot size is not quite an fsq106 but then again its half the price and i dont need a mini metro on the front end to help balance the [removed word]

very nice, i have had all sorts of scopes from lomo triplets & taks but for a mix of quality, light weight and shear good value they take a lot of beating

I am sure you will be happy and welcome to the collective :)

Thats a nice image mate as you know you weren`t the only one having issues that night. Great choice Steve, i reckon the Borgs are way under rated. Mine is probably my best ever astro purchase, its certainly the most used scope i`ve ever had!!!!

Alan:)

Hi

Typical of elephants isn't it, the choice of staying still and posing for a photo or snaffling a bag of peanuts, looks like the bag of peanuts won in this case. Very nice image though and perhaps the beginning of a mosaic as others have metioned

Best wishes

Gordon

Thats a nice image mate as you know you weren`t the only one having issues that night. Great choice Steve, i reckon the Borgs are way under rated. Mine is probably my best ever astro purchase, its certainly the most used scope i`ve ever had!!!!

Alan:)

Wish I hadn't sold it!

Ben.

tj, you are welcome to try the 60ed any time as i am using the 101 at the moment, its the perfect match to your qhy8 and its f3.8 228mm fl and if you like widefield that's a knee trembler :)

Definetly like to have a look at it Steve. I have a week off soon, if the weather looks reasonable I'll pm you and nip over or something.

Cheers

Tim

Nice in its own right but begging for a mosaic. Trouble with this blighter is that it is near invisible in under a few minutes' exposure so framing is rather long drawn out!

If you do get a widefield scope, though, there is a star smack in the middle you can use to centre on.

Olly

useful tip that olly, must remember that :)

mosaic here we come!

i was hoping to add some more data last night but i decided to have a play with maxpoint which i have to say i am really impressed with, it found flex in my sytem i did not know i had although i have ordered a new plate to stop my imaging setup being so top heavy :)

I tried polar align max early on in the evening but could not get it to connect to maxim come what may :)

I will ask in here hoping there is something i am missing, which is most likely the case because the techno pc jargon loses this clutz all the time :headbang:

Archived