NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

is there a difference??

Newbie question

i am looking at 2 different scopes a 6" reflector 1200 f8

and a 6" dob 1200mm f7.84 will ther be a noticable difference in viewing quality and brightness of viewed objects??

Newbie question

and a 6" dob 1200mm f7.84 will ther be a noticable difference in viewing quality and brightness of viewed objects??

Hmmm good question... I wouldn't have thought the viewing would be alot differant from either scope (depending on the quality of the optics) the reflector would be able to be used for a lot more things.. I.e astrophotography as you would be able to mount it on like say a heq5 mount and it would track for you.. or a mount with goto.. you will be shown hundreds of objects. The choice is entirely up to you... my personal choice would be to go for the reflector as i would be able to do more with it than the dob.

Hope this helps..

Dave.

Newbie question

Assuming the scopes are of similar optical quality there will not be a noticable difference between them.

I reckon one of those has a 150mm diameter primary mirror (the F/8 one) and the other has a true 6" mirror ie: 153mm which is why its quoted as an F/7.84.

John

Archived