Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888 “The Crescent Nebula”

Dave Sexton

Although conditions were far from perfect, it was a nice surprise to see a clear sky on Sunday night into Monday morning, especially as I wanted to test another focuser modification. I was able to collect just 10 360s subs of NGC 6888 before it became too cloudy to continue.

Of the 10 subs I collected, AIP4WIN rejected two during stacking (because their tracking had fallen below standard). I rejected a couple more myself as it was clear that the sky had started to mist over a little.

The result below is, therefore, a stack of just 6 subs of 360s. That's not enough for this target. A reasonably pleasing image, nonetheless, despite the noise. I will try and augment this capture with some Ha data at some point in the near future; this might bring out the fine detail that I know is in there.

Regards,

Dave

post-14168-133877380437_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived