The Eye of God

ASIGN_Baz

One dark night in 2 months!! What is going on with this planet!!!

I got 18 subs of 12 minutes and 26 Darks subtracted.

I am still not happy with this. It is SOOOO faint, there has to be a happy medium between getting enough light from the DSO, and not washing it out with light pollution from the 'burbs.

I think I will have to go back to 15 or even 20 minute exposure and see how that goes.

So here it is, 3 hours 36 minutes of the Helix (Eye of God) nebula.

I am still going to get more subs to add for a total of around six hours hopefully.

Baz.

post-13380-133877380296_thumb.jpg

Looking good so far! With the extra time you plan on it, it should end up being a great final result.

Fingers crossed on the weather playing ball though. Imaging time seems to be get less and less as time goes by :)

I wouldnt say that has better blacks though.

A lot of the fainter stuff has been lost.

I would go for somewhere between the two.

With an RGB background level of around 20.

Ninja's reprocess has values of 0, while Bazza's original has levels around 40.

Thanks everyone!

Ever gett the feeling He is looking back at us?

I agree, that nebulae don't stop dead. I often prefer to leave the blacks a little lighter in favor of keeping the fainter nebulosity.

As I said, even I am not satisfied with this yet. Another three hours of longer subs at least, should do this very faint DSO justice.

Baz.

Archived