Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Uk stockist of Rigel quickfinder?

Another option (if your French is up to scratch) is "La Maisson de l'Astronomie" in Paris (just round the corner from the Hotel de Ville). A great shop in the centre of the city - the staff are friendly (some speak a little English) and helpful. They stock the Rigel Quickfinder - I bought mine there, when I was on holiday 2 years ago. I always drop in to this shop if I am in Paris (which isn't often enough).

You can get them on the net, and order that way - which might be easier than a 'phone call if your French is a bit ropey. Prices are the same as the UK.

Tom

Thanks for the replies guys.

I already have a Telrad, and whilst waiting for my Orion Ed80 to be delivered I ordered up

a spare mounting from Telescope House, intending to fit it to the Orion, only to find that

I cant actually fit it on the OTA when its mounted on the rings.

So, I thought the Rigel with its smaller footprint would be ideal, but its frustrating to see

Rigels own website stating an RRP of $40 (about £23) and over here retail is £42!! :shock:

I might look into importing one from a USA astro site.

Cheers, Bob.

Archived