SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Autoguiding kit coming together...

LaVey

Slowly getting my kit together, new kit consists of:

Revelation crayford dual speed, ST80, rings and dovetail and a QC pro 3000.

Just need my dual mounting bar and some cables - its my birthday in a couple of weeks so cash is the order of the day for the family :)

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

Nearly there :D

EDIT: oh, thx to SGL'ers for bargain deals getting this kit together !!

Nice Setup Chris :)

I'd definitely remove the Diagonal though when you start imaging with it... real source of grief...

Try as far as possible to do away with "pushfit" style connections as they are the weakest link and can introduce rotation into the image as the weight of the camera causes them to move as the mount tracks across the sky...

If the Cryaford has a 2" barrel then use a MAXDSLR adaptor to connect the camera...

Peter...

Mark - yeah.. is a lovely shiny addition to the scope, mint condition! really pleased!

Peter - thx for the advice will remove the diag when I set this up, looks like all push fit - but i guess if there tight enough they should be ok?

Looking forward to getting the other bits and bobs sorted.. (so is the wife - she sick of me saying I need this part and that part at £70 here and £80 there.. lol). Not really spending lots of money more a slow trickle :). Well thats what I tell her....

Hi Chris,

If the camera goes straight into the back of the Crayford using a 2" fitting it will probably be fine...

Cheapest way is the MAxDSLR.. and it will maximise the clear aperture minimizing vignetting... the SCT output port will be the limiting factor.

Peter...

Archived