Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power Tank

Maplins do a 17Ah car recharger with a 12v DC output, has a light on it too (which you can cover in red plastic...havent worked out a use for the air compressor yet whilst out stargazing..maybe an air bed for when i get tired?) it was about £30, if you need more sockets or bigger Ah then you can get bigger sizes, halfords also do some, though they are more pricey but you get more power than the celestron tanks for a similar price.

Ian

Pretty much any 17Ah-plus model with 12v outlets will do, quite a range out there. What differentiates them is the number of outlets, max current draw, and whether you get (to us anyway) pointless extras like a compressor or big white light built in.

So - more than or equal to 17Ah, more than one 12v outlet (cigar lighter socket usually), no frills. Not buying online is usually a good idea too, postage adds significantly to the cost of something this heavy.

Arthur

Hi,

I have been using the Maplin power pack for about a year now and it's still going strong. I have shied away from more expensive models- replacement batteries are relatively expensive, and it can be cheaper to cheaper to buy 'cheapie pack' than a new battery.

Regards, Herrman

I have just purchased the Maplins 17hr power pack with 12v DC connectors.

It was ready and charged when I took it out of the box and it powered my CG5 motors perfectly using the cables supplied.

Great power tank for just £39.99.

Cheers

Neil

Archived