Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 - first attempt using wedge

ElijahB

Wow, there are some really good images on here. So I thought I would lower the tone a bit :icon_salut:

This is my first ever image taken from my CPC800 placed on it's new trusty wedge. I haven't yet got around to performing the PEC and to be honest this was the first time I felt that I got the wedge and alignment set up fairly well.

The image was taken on 31st May with the moon still up, at F6.3 using a focal reducer and only consists of 2 images of 90 seconds stacked in DSS (The rest had too much trail). I also took some darks for the first time so these are included. Image was taken using a Canon 350D.

I've included what the original looked like and then my meagre attempts at processing it.

elijahb-albums-first-attempts-picture1900-m51-without-processing.jpg

elijahb-albums-first-attempts-picture1902-m51-processed-2-x-lights-90-secs-3-x-darks-90-secs-cpc-800-f6-3-via-reducer-unguided.jpg

Comments and suggestions always welcome :cool:

Elijah B

Very nice, you must be chuffed with getting that shot!

Next time try for a bit longer subs and loads more of 'em but seriously very nice 1st image and nothing wrong with the processing.

Archived