NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TeleVue OTA service

What seems to be the problem? I have a very early Genesis s/n 1007 and a couple of years ago I thought, well, after almost twenty years of loyal and dedicated service maybe it would appreciate an "oil change". No one does TV service in Oz, so I contacted Televue directy in the US.... their answer was....what seems to be the problem? If it's still working, no fungus etc leave it alone and enjoy it for another twenty years! Which is exactly what I'm doing!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, great thread! I too have a twenty year old Genesis and it's darned good. In narrowband light it will still ratttle a Takahashi's cage and Peter Vasey bagged an AN Picture of the Month with it last year. It also got itself into AN's yearbook this year.

I did re-collimate mine after it had a bump before I bought it. T-V in the states were SO helpful and told me how to set up a test bench and do the job myself. Couldn't have been difficult cos even I managed it... I'm sure they'd tell you how to re grease the focus system if you asked them. They are a good firm. A great firm. But they do need to start putting two speed focussers on their imaging scopes!

Olly

Archived