Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new 90 degree diagonal

Hi all

My thumbscrew thread has just gone in my meade standard diagonal that came with my lx90. Im thinking of replacing it with one with a compession ring. Can someone please point me in the right direction of which one to buy. Also i am after a new t piece with a compression ring on (the one you lock the diagonal in that screws to telescope). Any advise would be of use.

cheers

dave w

there's a 2" celestron XLT diagonal for refractors on special offer at Telescope Plus (David Hinds). I bought one and it seems great (although I don't have much to compare it with tbh....)

It's about £75 reduced from about £120 (and I got a free magazine too:))

If you want the brass compression ring then you'll have to go to a 2" SCT Visual Back adaptor such as this at £14.00 plus postage http://www.astronomica.co.uk/index.php/Accessories/Adaptors/2-SCT-to-Push-Fit-Adapter-Female-to-Female.html that will let you use a standard refrractor type diagonal. You can get diagonals that just screw directly onto the back of your OTA but the refractor type is more convienient.

Get a 2" diagonal as then you'll no longer be restricted to 1.25" eyepieces. The same shop also has a decent 2" dielectric diagonal on at £72.00 http://www.astronomica.co.uk/index.php/Accessories/Mirror-Diagonals-/-Prisms/2-Mirror-Diagonals/2in-Premium-Dielectric-Push-Fit-Mirror-Diagonal.html

There are other places you can get them of course but it will give you an idea of what you should be looking for. D Hinds or FLO have the Celestron diagonals as well.

John

Archived